BB's Restoration And Progression

The blog for the restoration and progression of BB, The Automatic Ice Blue Triumph 2000 MKII.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

The Journey Begins....

Well, here it all starts. I have now finally passed my driving test (Third Time Lucky) and now have come to posses a Ice Blue Triumph 2000 MkII Auto.
I have been interested in Triumphs since my father brought himself a BRG 2000 MKII Facelift about four years ago now. After helping him work on the car, I finally decided I wanted one myself, so I got one.

The current condition is fairly good cosmettically, with only a few holes and rust patches in places. The interior wooden panels have been removed for a sand and revarnish and the parcel shelves have been repaired and tidied up. Apart from that cosmetically she is all fine now.

Engine Wise, Unfortuantly at the moment, she is running like a cow... The carbs need rebalancing, the engine needs colour tuning, the choke cable sticks occasionally aswell as the fact that it wil most certainly need the spin on conversion doing as soon as possible.

So with all that in mind, it should keep me busy for a few weekends and evening over the next fortnight. Ah well, fun fun.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home